Jax Beach: 904-372-9171

Hear Better!  Live Better!

Gilliom Audiology 

Jacksonville: 904-399-3323


for the Invisible Hearing Aid

at Gilliom Audiology

in Jacksonville and the Beaches.

Submit the form below  to schedule your visit.

2051 Art Museum Drive

Jacksonville, FL 32207



Doctoral Care

ENT, Audiologist, Hearing Aid Dispenser – who’s who?  Many people are confused regarding what role the audiologist plays in the realm of hearing healthcare.  The AUDIOLOGIST is a professional who specializes in diagnosing and treating hearing loss and balance problems.  Audiologists have extensive training and skills to evaluate the hearing of adults, infants and children of all ages.  Audiologists conduct a wide variety of non-medical procedures to determine the exact nature of an individual's hearing problems. On the basis of the patient's medical history and the results of the audiologist's evaluation, a diagnosis is provided and a treatment plan is recommended.  Audiologists dispense and fit hearing aids, as well as refer patients to physicians when a hearing problem may require medical or surgical treatment.

The ENT is a medical practitioner specializing in the areas of the ear, nose, throat, head and neck.  If a medical concern is identified by the testing conducted by an audiologist, a referral will be made to an ENT physician.  

The hearing aid dispenser is licensed in hearing aid dispensing only, requiring no advanced or specialized education in pathology of the auditory system.  

Why should I see an Audiologist? Audiologists hold a Masters or Doctor of Audiology degree from accredited universities with special training in the diagnosis, prevention and non-medical treatment of hearing and balance disorders. Audiologists are required to complete a full-time internship, pass a demanding national competency examination as well as continue their education throughout their career. By virtue of their graduate education and state licensure, audiologists are the most qualified professionals to treat and manage hearing problems.  

Who should see an Audiologist?   If you suspect you have some hearing loss, contact an audiologist for a professional hearing assessment.  Hearing loss can occur at any age and for many reasons.  In adults, however one of the most common periods for hearing loss to begin is between ages 40 and 55 years.  

Other Reasons to have your Hearing Evaluated Include...  

  • Sudden or gradual loss of hearing
  • Ringing or noises in ears (Tinnitus)
  • History of ear infections
  • Dissatisfied with present hearing aids
  • Receiving Ototoxic Medications
  • Difficulty understanding speech in background noise
  • Exposed to loud music, power tools, etc.
  • Family history of hearing disorders
  • Ask people to repeat themselves
  • Frustrated because people often seem to mumble

Contact Us

640 Third Street N

Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250